Rulebook for playing craps – Thorough Guide
Have you ever seen a game of Craps played? Or have you ever been to a brick-and-mortar casino? If yes, then you know what a good game of Craps entails. Craps is, by far, one of the most commonly played dice games in the casino industry. Playing Craps might initially seem confusing if you are new to this game or have never played it. The elaborate spread is bound to intimidate any beginner. However, Craps is exceptionally easy and fun once you get the hang of it. All you need to do is follow the basic guide for Craps rules and learn all the basic tips and tricks to kickstart your journey.
So without further ado, let’s get started!
Basics Of Craps
Whether played virtually or in a brick-and-mortar casino, a game of Craps requires a similar set of rules. The game starts with a pair of dice, a casino table, and chips to place your bet. The total number of players can extend up to 20 simultaneously. Each player is given a chance to bet on the outcome of the dice value that the shooter will roll. While you will find a dealer at a brick-and-mortar casino for assistance, online games may or may not have one. What makes this game more fun is there is no single way to play this game. In fact, you can place different types of bets as long as they follow the rules. One of the most common bets played in this game is the simple Pass or Don’t Pass bet. Apart from these, there are also several types of bets, such as
- Proposition Bets
- Place Win Bets
- Come and Don’t Come Bets
- Lay Bets
Understanding The Craps Table
Before we delve deeper into the rules for playing Craps, let’s first understand the different parts of a Craps table and what they signify in the game.
Typically, a Craps table has two halves with the exact pattern on both sides. Whether you play on the right side or the left side, it will not make any impact on your gameplay. It is only meant for the convenience of the dealers in physical casinos so that they can manage a large number of players at the same time. On the table, you can see several segments, such as the Pass Line or the Don’t Pass Bar, Big 6 and Big 8, and field, among others.
Pass Line/Don’t Pass Bar– You will find this at the lower corner of the Craps table, and it is usually one of the most common bets placed by newbies or beginners.
Big 6 and Big 8– You can find this near the Don’t Pass Line near the bottom of the table. This is yet, another very popular bet placed by players.
Field– The field section is present in the middle of the table.
Basic Craps Rules
Whether you’re playing in a physical or online casino, the basic Craps rules remain the same. Here are the basic rules for playing Craps.
- Place your bet – Begin with a ‘Pass Line’ bet. Here you get two options: bet the dice will land on the numbers 7 or 11 or 2,3 or 12.
- Come-out Roll- Once you have placed your bet, it is time for the shooter to roll the dice, also called the Come-Out Roll.
- Check Your Bets- It is now time to check your bets. If the dice have landed on the numbers 2,3, or 12, then Don’t Pass bets win. And if it is on 7 or 11, then Pass Line bets win. If the dice have not landed on any of these numbers, then that number is established as the point on the Craps table.
- Add To Your Bets- Once the point has been established, continue your betting of the dice, landing either on the point number or any other numbers. If the dice lands on the number 7, then you have lost the game.
- Continue To Shoot- Until the dice have landed on the point number or 7, the shooter will continue to roll the dice.
- End the round- If a 7 is rolled before the point number, then Don’t Pass bets will win. All Pass bets win when the point is rolled before a 7.
How To Play Craps Online
Playing Craps online is as convenient as in a brick-and-mortar casino. Here is a step-by-step guide on creating your account and playing Craps games online.
- Select a Casino- Different online casinos offer a game of Craps available in free and paid versions. We recommend beginners kickstart their Craps gameplay in a free online casino. This will ensure they understand the rules and guidelines of the games without losing any money.
- Create an Account- Once you have made your selection, it is time to set up your account. Enter all your relevant information, and check for any welcome or deposit bonus.
- Choose Your Craps Game- Online casinos offer an exciting variety of Craps games. Select the one that fits your preferences and start playing.
- Make Your Bet- In order to place your bet, you simply need to click on the sections of the Craps table. According to your comfort, you can also increase or decrease the amount with each throw.
- Check If You Are A Winner- Check if your bet has been right through the computer’s automated rolling system. If yes, then collect your rewards.
- Continue Playing- As stated earlier, the game continues until a 7 or the point has been thrown. Therefore, if any of these criteria are not met, continue throwing the dice and placing your bets.
- Claim your rewards- Once the round is complete, claim any rewards or winnings you might have made. If not, select any other Craps game of your choice, and continue playing.
Best Websites For Playing Craps
Now that you have all the basics cleared, let’s start playing! Here are some of the best websites for playing Craps online in 2022.
- Cafe Casino- Launched in 2020, Cafe Casino is claimed to be the best website for playing Craps online. It has a vast game library and is very user-friendly. Even if you are new to this game, you can easily access this website hassle-free.
- Wild Casino- Wild Casino is yet another leading website for playing Craps online, which was introduced in 2017. Unfortunately, you need to be a resident of the USA or Canada to access this website. Nonetheless, it provides its users with various games to choose from and can be accessed through mobile and computers.
- Bovada- Launched in 2011, Bovada quickly rose to fame among casino players due to its unique features. Some of them are multiple payment methods, great games, and a sportsbook, among sought-after ones.
- Slots.Iv- Last but not least is Slot. Iv. A leading casino website with the best reloads bonuses when compared to any other Craps online. It has a total number of 244 games available, and what’s more, you can quite easily practice playing Craps without creating an account.
Tips And Tricks On How To Play Craps
Practice With Free Games- If you are a newbie to this game, start your journey by practising free Craps online. Playing Craps for free would enable you to understand the game in-depth and enhance your chances of winning.
Learn the Etiquettes- Since Craps is not a single-player game, hence players are expected to get hold of the basic gaming etiquettes to not hassle other players or the shooter while playing.
Use the Free Odds- Last but not least, another helpful tip is to use the free odds when the point has been set. If you are lucky, this might be a great way to earn extra cash.
We hope this guide has now cleared all your doubts about playing Craps. While you’re playing Craps or any other casino games, always remember that you are playing for fun. Therefore, enjoy that thrill and the adrenaline rush without stressing yourself. Be cautious with your betting bankroll so that you do not end up losing more than you thought, and always start with making small bets. Visit only the best website for playing Craps to ensure a safe and fun time!